Emilio Wilson Museum

The Emilio Wilson Museum is built on the former Great House of the plantation now home to Rainforest Adventures park and Emilio Wilson park. Emilio Wilson, grandson of slaves on this plantation, was known as an inspiring and good man to many and lived here until the property was damaged by hurricane Luis in 1995. Emilio moved to the sugar boiling building which is now Emilio’s restaurant. The former plantation house became a museum in 2017. It gives a great overview of island history, including exhibits on slavery and cultivation of plantations. Amongst others the life of Trace Wilson, one of Emilio’s ancestors born in 1818, can be learnt about. The museum is part of the Rainforest Adventures park and entry comes complimentary when purchasing tickets to the Soualiga Sky Explorer, Schooner ride and / or Flying Dutchman Zipline.