THE COURTHOUSE

The Philipsburg Courthouse – a National Symbol

 

Together with the world renowned temples of Angkor Vat of Cambodia, the Courthouse is one of the few buildings in the world to be included in a national flag – in the St Maarten flag you find a miniature picture of the courthouse. The Courthouse was built in 1793. The plans were drawn by John Handleigh by order of commander Rink. During the last renovation in 1966 the Courthouse obtained its present form. This building houses the court of Sint Maarten.

 

Where to find the Philipsburg Courthouse

 

The Courthouse is in the Philipsburg area of St Maarten / St Martin.

 

Find the Courthouse on the map below and other Monuments on St Maarten / St Martin on our Interactive Map!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Back to Monuments Menu of Visit St Maarten / St Martin

 

Back to Main Page of Visit St Maarten / St Martin 

 

 

 

 

Website Gemeenschappelijk Hof van Justitie
Phone +1 721 546-6114
Email sintmaarten@caribjustitia.org
Address

Frontstreet 58 (The Courthouse)
Philipsburg, Sint Maarten