THE CONVENT, FRONTSTREET 22/24

The Dominicanessen Nuns built the Convent in 1954. These Dutch nuns came to Sint Maarten in 1890 and started a school and a hospital across the street. Nowadays, the top of the convent is in use as the Permanent Representation office or “Permanente Vertegenwoordiging”, of the European Netherlands in St Maarten.

 

The Convent is in the Philipsburg area of St Maarten / St Martin.

 

Click here for our monuments menu.

 

Click here to go back to the main page of visitstmaarten.com.

Website
Phone
Email
Address
Translate »